REPORTS TO: EVP, The Cross Agency
DEPARTMENT: Media Department
Supports Short Form Media Strategists as well as Account Managers in achieving client and prospective client objectives on various media platforms through research, target audience analysis and in-depth market trending/forecasting.
- Provide research and media recommendations, considering audience(s) and market landscape.
- Formulate aggressive Brand/General Market and Direct Response media plans, including: objectives, strategies and tactics to reach the right consumer with the right message at the right time.
- Maintain stewardship of reports, including competitive spend reports, using agency software to assess media schedules of competitors, interpret data and draw conclusions.
- Work with Media Strategists to forecast quarterly/seasonal advertising trends, audience delivery and devise tactics to meet clients’ goals according to projected market conditions.
- Meet with Account Managers and Media Strategists to analyze value and applicability of media resources for client strategies.
- Utilize media buying strategy software and other agency resource tools to aid in campaign development.
- Keep up to date with industry research figures, including distribution figures (newspaper, direct mail and magazines) and audience figures (TV and radio).
- Monitor historical rate structures to ensure rate integrity is maintained.
- Develop an acute understanding of where each client/product’s competition stands (trends and forecasts).
- Draft post-buy analysis comparing dollars and media metrics to actual clearance/performance metrics.
- BS/BA degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- 7+ years of proven analytical skills, including a strong understanding of the creation and management of strategic media plans and budgetary stewardship.
- Experience delivering complex written presentations.
- Deep understanding of Nielsen & Arbitron Ratings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability to multi-task, while also maintaining attention to detail.